Matter with Things, The [in 2 Volumes]
The Matter With Things, the new 2-volume book from the author of the widely acclaimed The Master and his Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World (over 100,000 copies sold worldwide).
- Is the world essentially inert and mechanical – nothing but a collection of things for us to use?
- Are we ourselves nothing but the playthings of chance, embroiled in a war of all against all?
- Why, indeed, are we engaged in destroying everything that is valuable to us?
In this landmark new book, Iain McGilchrist addresses some of the oldest and hardest questions humanity faces – ones that, however, have a practical urgency for all of us today:
- Who are we?
- What is the world?
- How can we understand consciousness, matter, space and time?
- Is the cosmos without purpose or value?
- Can we really neglect the sacred and divine?
|Date Published||20th October 2021|